Poly 1512 Liquid Plastic is a two-part, liquid polyurethane resin that cures (RTV) to a white, Shore D71 plastic. This product has a simple 1A:1B mix ratio by weight. When cured, it has the feel and density of hard wood or thermoplastics. Poly 1512 is a pourable plastic, but it can be easily thickened with PolyFiber II Thickener for brush-on application. For a faster-setting version, consider Poly 1512X Liquid Plastic.
- Mix Ratio by Weight: 1A:1B
- Shore Hardness: D71
- Pot Life: 22 min.
- Demold Time: 1-16 hr.
- Cured Color: White
- Mixed Viscosity: 400 cP
- Specific Volume (in3/lb): 25.1 in³/lb
- Specific Gravity: 1.1
- Linear Shrinkage: 0.0034 in/in
- Elongation: 5.4 %
- Tensile Strength: 6,712 psi
- Elastic Modulus: 118,352 psi
- Flexural Modulus: 241,223 psi
- Flexural Strength, 5% Strain: 10,046 psi
- Heat Deflection Temp.: 142°F
- Max Exotherm: 251°F
- Note: Shake or Stir Part B before use. Demold time varies with thickness of casting. The thinner the casting, the longer the demold time. Shrinkage in polyurethane resins is caused by gelling while hot then cooling.
- Note: The color of polyurethane Part Bs may change in color from batch to batch or may darken with age, but product performance is not affected.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Toluene diisocyanate (TDI), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
FOR INDUSTRIAL/PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY.
NOTE: While Techland takes steps to ensure accuracy in it's product listings and images, any color samples or lamp and product images shown on this website are for reference only, may not be exact and may vary from the actual product look and/or color.
Tell A Friend About: Poly 1512 Liquid Plastic
Share this great product and savings with others. Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once for this recommendation. We do not collect nor store the email addresses.